What is Defensive Driving, aka Driver Improvement or Traffic School?
Defensive Driving is a 6-hour program that Allied Learning Center offers to people who need point reductions, insurance savings, or a court-ordered class. It can help you become a better driver and focuses on good driving habits. It is not a behind-the-wheel class.
Why take Defensive Driving, otherwise known as Driver Improvement or traffic school?
- If you take this class before your court date, many courts in the state of Georgia will dismiss a ticket for a traffic violation. If dismissed, there will be no points placed on your driving record and your insurance will not increase.
- Twenty percent reduction in the traffic fine, possibly resulting in fewer points being added to your record.
- To remove up to seven points from your record. This can be done every five years.
- If you are under the age of 21 are sited for 1 or more tickets that accumulate 4 or more points on your license in a 12 month period, you must take this class for reinstatement of your license.
- If your license has been suspended, you must complete this class before your license is reinstated.
- If you have a clean driving record for 3 years, you may take this class to receive up to a 10% discount on your auto insurance premium. The insurance discount percentage is determined by your insurance company and does expire after 3 years.
What’s the Cost for the Defensive Driving Class?
|Contact Us Regarding Defensive Driving
Please call and register to reserve your seat.
Class schedule subject to change.
Remote classes are not currently available for this curriculum.