What is Defensive Driving, aka Driver Improvement or Traffic School?
Defensive Driving is a 6-hour program that Allied Learning Center offers to people who need point reductions, insurance savings, or a court-ordered class. It can help you become a better driver and focuses on good driving habits. It is not a behind-the-wheel class.
Why take Defensive Driving, Driver Improvement or traffic school?
- Many courts in the state of Georgia will dismiss a ticket for a traffic violation if you have a certificate from this class in hand. If the court dismisses your ticket, there will be no points going on your driving record and your insurance will not increase.
- If the judge doesn’t dismiss the ticket, he can reduce the fine by up to 20%, resulting in fewer points going on your record.
- If you have already paid the fine, you can go to DDS and have up to 7 points removed from your record. This can be done every five years.
- If you are under the age of 21 and are sited for 1 or more tickets that accumulate 4 or more points on your license in a 12 month period, you must take this class for reinstatement of your license.
- If your license is suspended or revoked, you must complete this class before your license reinstatement occurs.
- If you have a clean driving record for 3 years, you may take this class to receive up to a 20% discount on your auto insurance premium. The discount percentage is determined by your insurance company and does expire after 3 years, at which time you can retake the class.
What’s the Cost for the Defensive Driving Class?
- If for insurance ONLY and you have absolutely no citations within the last three years, DDS will allow us to charge $35.
- For ALL OTHER reasons, the cost of the class is $95 for the 6-hour course. The six hours are broken up two 3-hour sessions, scheduled to be completed in one or two days.
- Please call us to reserve your spot. We can take payment for the class over the phone, online, or in person.
Please call and register to reserve your seat.
Class schedule subject to change.
Remote classes are not currently available for this curriculum.
Contact Us Regarding Defensive Driving
Traffic Court Reference Manual Driver's Manual
Driver Improvement License #2230